Friday, October 24, 2008

Thurs Oct 23rd in Jerusalem and then some

Today I went to the Orthodox Russian Church of Mary Magdalene, to the birth place of the Virgin Mary and to her Tomb. I wanted to do more walking to other sites and churches, but today I was just too tired.
This morning I felt so tired but like I could handle it. And on the bus ride into Jerusalem, I started feeling a bit nauseated, but felt better when I got off the bus and starting walking and getting some fresh air. But I just dragged and dragged once I had to climb up hill and then down to get to the Churches. Definitely wasn't even a quarter of what I did Tues but I still felt it.
I guess I didn't get a good enough rest last night. I would have just left and went back to my Aunts casa, but I'm seeing Nihaya's mom today so I need to stay in the area.

So I'm in a cafe getting a snack so I don't fall over. Maybe I didn't eat enough this morning for all this walking. Then again I felt full. I think my body has had it's fill of white flour khubbuz. Maybe it's time for some wheat or whole grain if I can get it, but I doubt it. Maybe just no khubbuz at all. LAH KHUBBUZ!!!!

I'll use my hands instead.

That's what'll make you fat. All that damn bread. Ha! I say that as I eat a bit more with my hummus and tabouli! I'm glad I've been walking up and down so many hills and mounts.

5 more days until I'm back in NYC. I almost can't believe a month passed and I've seen all this stuff and there's still so much more to see. I wonder what else I can see before I go? Not sure where else I can go? I've got 70 Shekels left. That's like $20 or so. I can go to the party tonight for 40 Sheks. Fri not so much goes on because its sabbath. Sat I may go to my cousins. And sun and mon? I don't know. Going some where will cost more money. Maybe there's a show I can go to or just hang with my cousins or do more writing. I don't want to have to take money out of the bank since when I get back the first of the month is days away.

Gotta get back to reality now. Real life. Yay!

Maybe I'll just hang out with my cousins. I'm sure my Uncle also wants me to come back to Beit Rima for a day or 2 and that doesn't cost anything....except a bit of sanity...


I also wonder what I'll be thinking once I go back to the US. I wonder if the peace and connection to whatever higher power will last. It's not as if connections with God are severed across the world. I just live in a place where slowing down isn't always an option and in the bustle of living, you forget your peace. Get lost in your caffeine and don't know how to get back to connect.

I hope I can still stay connected. I hope to not get so lost in the shuffle that I lose the peace I've acquired over this month.

What's interesting though s that I haven't really been working on my self reflecting book. I've been writing in my other story. Doing these blogs. Writing emails to folks. But when writing about my life in the book I was working on, I sort of haven't felt compelled to write anything about it. Not sure why. Maybe I've done enough self reflecting in my blogs and in myself to feel sated on the need to do it. Who knows. All the writing I've done though is enough to add to the book for later anyway and to point it into the direction and the theme of what the book is about.

I also realized that I still didn't get too much more info on my dad. Maybe thats also something I can do this weekend. Grill my aunt and uncle on information on my dad. That'll inspire me to write. As hard as it will be to do, I'll do it.
I think it'll make the bond and connection to the peace I've gotten a bit of be stronger while I'm back in NY.

No comments: